Our Curriculum at St James
At St James, we have built (and continue to adapt and change) a curriculum that provides every child in our school with opportunities to flourish.
To support our whole school vision, we aim to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the needs of all our children by:
- providing an environment and education that is safe, welcoming and supportive, where children’s well-being permeates everything we do;
- providing an education that is inclusive and is adapted and responsive to the needs of all our children, including those in our specialist units;
- providing first-hand, real-life opportunities for all children to experience a broad range of activities in school and beyond to develop their imagination and curiosity;
- providing role models and experiences to inspire and open children’s eyes to the possibilities around them;
- developing children who can support themselves and each other to achieve their potential;
- developing in children a sense of their role in the community of the school and beyond so that they become contributory and responsible members of society and protectors of the environment;
- celebrating the achievements of all our children;
- engaging our families in the life of the school and their children’s education, supporting them to support their children;
- ensuring our children can communicate effectively with a range of audiences to make sure their voice is heard;
- making links across our curriculum to ensure our children understand what we are teaching them and why.
Where to find out more
On these following pages, you can find out more about the curriculum that the school is following.
You will find Intent & Implementation Statements and Long Term Plans (LTPs) for every Foundation subject. These outline why (intent) and how (implementation) we deliver each subject at St James, with additional information on how we make the curriculum accessible to children with additional needs, assessment and the impact we expect. There are separate pages for Early Years, Reading, Writing and Maths.
Each year group page will have its own LTP and an overview of the curriculum taught in each term.
If you would like to find out more about the curriculum at St James, please contact your child's class teacher in the first instance. If you are not part of the St James family, please contact the school office on 01604 751475 or email@example.com and someone will happily talk you through our exciting curriculum.