Home Learning during Covid-19 Shutdown
SCHOOL CLOSURE - HOME LEARNING
Although we are closed, we are still here for you; school really isn’t the same without you all. It has been wonderful receiving all the images of your children busy creating lots of different work, whether that is work we have set or additional tasks you have come up with yourselves. We would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we are doing all we can to make sure your children are receiving regular work each week and that you receive the support you need to help your child at home.
Please have a read of the information below with what we are expecting from your children each week and a range of other useful links to educational websites that cover a range of subjects. If you scroll to the bottom of this page, you will see a link to your year group page where you will find weekly, specific work set by your child’s class teacher.
The minimum expectations of children during the school closure:
- DoodleMaths every day (Reception to Year 6). This can be accessed through the app or the website. Your child's class teacher will set specific tasks on DoodleMaths each week that need to be completed before children can carry on with their streak! DoodleTables is also available from Year 2 upwards.
- White Rose Maths. Here you can watch a video, complete activities and check answers on the maths topics you would have been learning at school. They recommend 20-30 minutes each day, but previous lessons are available if you miss any.
- DoodleEnglish and DoodleSpell (Year 1 to Year 6). Using your DoodleMaths login, complete daily activities and tasks set by your teacher.
- Reading every day. Before the closure, your child took home at least two library books and reading books. It is important to have a discussion with them about what they are reading and encourage them to read a wide variety of books e.g. newspapers, sports reviews, poetry, world records etc. Please listen to your child read each day and take this opportunity to read to your child too.
- Read Theory. This is free to use and offers levelled reading comprehension tasks for Year 2 upwards. It is free to sign up and your child will then be asked to complete a pre-test to find the correct level for your child – please allow them to complete this by themselves so the texts selected will be appropriate for your child’s understanding. We would expect children to complete at least 3 a week.
- For children in Nursery and Reception, special tasks will be set on Tapestry each week.
Expectations in each year group is that your child completes some of the tasks set by their year group teachers as well as the minimum expectations stated above. This will be uploaded onto the year group page each week and sent out by email. This will include a specific writing task.
Follow this link to go to your child's class page: