Our School Council represents the views of all our pupils. It gives pupils the opportunity to make their voices heard and feel part of the whole school community. Each year in September a new School Council is elected.
There are a range of roles within the School Council:
- Team Captains - these are Year 6 children who lead their 'teams' and celebrate achievements in our special Celebration Gatherings. Year 6 children write speeches and present them to the whole school in a series of debates at the beginning of the new academic year. All children vote for their preferred team captain and the successful candidates (two for each team) are awarded badges.
- Charity Representatives - two children from each class are nominated as Charity Reps. they are responsible for leading the school in a variety of fundraising events throughout the year including Macmillan Coffee morning, Children in Need, selling poppies for Remembrance and the Summer Fair. They organise competitions, collect money and liaise with outside organisations to share the money we raise.
- Young Ambassadors - this group of Year 4 and 5 chidlren work with Mr Laundon and Councillor Ashraf on community projects in our local area. These include litter picking, developing outside spaces in the town and running poster campaigns to reduce dog fouling.
- Rewards Team - the rewards team support children in access the Doodlemaths and Carrot systems to ensure rewards are logged and rewards are given out.
- Librarians - Our Year 5 and Year 6 library team work with staff to ensure the smooth running of the library. They order new books and magazines, repair well-loved books and manage the library system. They also run lunchtime reading clubs for the younger children to share stories at lunchtimes.
- Playground and Sports Reps - this team of Year 6 children facilitate and support the younger children at lunchtime to have an active and rewarding playtime. They work with Lunchtime Supervisors and Sports Coaches to lead activities, look after equipment and provide positive role models to our EY and KS1 children.
NEW THIS YEAR....
- Eco Warriors - this team of children from all year groups are working with Miss Hockley and Mrs Fairbrother to move the school towards achieving our Green Flag status. Check out their page for more information on their action plan / what has been put in place so far and what is coming up...