All our children, including Nursery and Reception age children are taught curriculum PE by fully qualified and experienced PE teachers. Mr Beezley and Miss Blackwell are often accompanied by class teachers, HLTAs and support staff to provide the highest quality teaching and coaching.
Throughout Key Stage 2, children will participate in Netball, Tag Rugby, Dance, Gymnastics, Swimming, Tennis, Rounders and Athletics.
Key Stage 1 children will take part in indoor PE (Dance and Gymnastics) and outdoor PE (fundamental movement games and multi skills).
Reception and Nursery PE focuses on developing children's fundamental movement skills through fun games, dance and multi skills activities, both indoor and outdoor.
We ask that all children wear PE kit as set out below, with no logos. Since we are so passionate about sport, we ask that children have PE kit in school every day - just in case we gat chance to do more sport outside our 'normal' days!
Indoor PE Kit:
- Pale Blue T-Shirt (available from the school office)
- Black Shorts (Black leggings can be worn under shorts for religious reasons)
Outdoor PE Kit:
- Black/Navy Blue Jumper (no hood)
- Black/Navy Blue Jogging Bottoms
Earrings, Jewellery, hair and nails:
- As published in the Safe Practice in Physical Education 2016 document set by AFPE (Association for Physical Education), it is written that children unable to remove their own earrings should be required to make them safe by taping, front and back, which may offer a measure of protection to themselves and others. This taping should be done at home by a guardian for younger children. Older children will need to tape their earrings themselves. Staff are not required to remove or tape earrings for children. Therefore children will need to arrive in school with their earrings taped or tape will need to be added to their PE kits as the school will not be able to supply the tape/plasters.
- All jewellery should be taken off prior to the PE lesson. Religious jewellery needs to be safely secured, either by taping or tucked into a piece of clothing, or covered with a sweat band.
- Hair will need to be tied up for every PE lesson and children will need to have hair ties in their PE bag.
- Fake nails, whether they are acrylic or stuck on are not allowed in school and will result in your child not being able to participate in PE or sporting activities as they may cause harm to themselves and/or others.